A good night vision monocular allows you to operate in complete darkness, which is a boon to everyone engaged in nocturnal activities, but as with all products not all are created equally. It is important to purchase a monocular that is suitable for whatever it is that you get up to in the dark to avoid disappointment. For example, someone that only requires a monocular to scan their own property for night-time intruders, might not need the range and magnification favored by folks who prefer to do their hunting or fishing after dark.
The 5 Best Selling Night Vision Monoculars:
- A great gadget which enable you to observe target in complete darkness. Ideal for a wide variety of uses such as surveillance, nighttime hunting wildlife observation and exploring caves.
- With multi-coated glass objectives, high sensitivity sensor, integrated color LCD-Screen and 7level IR LED illuminator. You can view in the dark up to 328ft/100m, get the brightness you want.
- Take photos and videos at any time, record more true-to-life details. Also it's easy to display images and videos on the television and transfer files to a computer, which enables you to share fun with your family and friends.
- Handy and safe -Can be mounted on a tripod, Put into a bag, or linked to a binocular harness. It is covered by rubber on the outface, which gains more friction, not easy to slip out.
- Two Year Limited Warranty. Comes with 1GB micro SD card, mini USB cable, AV cable, neck strap and soft carrying case. Requires 4xAA batteries (not included).
- High quality image and resolution
- High power built-in infrared illumination
- Ergonomic design
- High magnification and large objective lens
- Kindly refer user manual for instructions.
- Durable and waterproof
- Optics night vision
- Superior optical quality
- Compact and lightweight.
- Designed for hand-free operations.
- Built-in flood infrared illuminator.
- Flip-up headgear included.
- High resolution Gen 1 Image Intensifier Tube.
- High quality image and resolution
- Built in IR illuminator
- Ergonomic design and quick power-up
- Lightweight, durable composite plastic construction
- This item is restricted for sale to the state of California and outside the US
Whether you need to see in the dark for hunting, fishing, boating, hiking, camping, wildlife observation or security you will find that a night vision monocular makes the job much easier. Even the worst night vision monocular is probably going to give you better vision in total darkness than your own eyesight, but with the wide range of products available on the market there is no reason to settle for something inferior.
If you have decided that you have had enough of squinting into the dark trying to discern shapes and it is time to invest in a good night vision monocular, there are a few things you need to look into first. Make a list of things that you want to use the monocular for and what features match these. For example, if you are going to be on the move and have other hunting equipment weighing you down, you would ideally want a monocular that is compact and lightweight, but if you want to survey an area from a static viewpoint where you might be spending a while then a monocular with a tripod mount would be a good investment.
Our Selection of the 3 Best Night Vision Monoculars:
There is more to buying a night vision monocular than just comparing prices as some lack features that might be vital to your requirements while others are filled to the brim with features that could make them hard to master out in the field. It is no use paying extra for features if you are not actually going to use these features, so check out what we think are three of the best all round night vision monoculars based on their price and performance.
When You Need A High Quality Product But Don’t Want To Overspend:
The NOXM50 is a night vision monocular that is going to impress you with its looks and performance, but this is no surprise as it is a Night Owl Optics product. It has a high-quality 50mm lens and packs 5 X magnification in one durable and lightweight package. Compared to some of the high-grade military equipment out there, it obviously doesn’t quite measure up, but for a general all-around night vision monocular, you can’t go wrong.
Due to the size of the lens and the magnification, you are going to see a bit of distortion around the edges, but for the rest, it offers crystal clear images. Thanks to the IR illuminator you will be able to see well over 100 yards under the right conditions and even though it packs high-quality glass optics it remains compact and lightweight. The hand strap also means that the NOXM50 is comfortable to hold and operate with one hand out in the field. The NOXM50 has all the features you need out of a good night vision monocular and very few drawbacks which makes it one of our top picks.
A Worthy Alternative:
If you are looking for something compact and lightweight, but don’t want to sacrifice any functions then we suggest you take a look at the Firefield 5×50 Nightfall 2. This night vision monocular manages to pack a 50mm lens and 5 magnifications despite its light weight and diminutive casing. Firefield didn’t cut any corners on durability either, so you can expect a fully weather resistant product with durable rubber-armored housing.
This means it not only looks great but is easy to grip and comfortable to operate as well. The red glow from the infrared illuminator is visible from certain angles when in use, so the Firefield is probably not the right tool for covert surveillance, but in every other department, it shines. With an estimated 20 hours of battery life from AA batteries (instead of the more exotic and expensive alternatives), this is a product that you can take out into the wild with confidence. While the NOXM50 night vision monocular from Night Owl Optics remains our top pick the Nightfall 2 offers a very worthy alternative.
Affordable And Easy To Operate:
Considering the quality of their equipment it should come as no surprise to see another Night Owl product sneak into our top picks. The Xgen 2.1x might not have the large lens and magnification rate of the other products on our list, but this is understandable when you look at the price. It is definitely one of the most affordable night vision viewers on the market and is very user-friendly to boot.
It packs a 20mm lens and 2.1 X magnification, but offers programmable settings and comes in a very small casing. This lightweight viewer is very comfortable to operate and the battery life is very decent as well. If you simply don’t need all the features that our other top picks boast or you are on a tight budget then the Xgen 2.1x is sure to put a smile on your face. You can try shopping around, but chances are you are not going to find anything that offers the same level of quality at the same price.
Make An Informed Choice
Manufacturers are constantly improving on their designs, so new products are constantly hitting the market, but any one of our top three picks will remain useful until you decide that it is time to upgrade. Testing out the products yourself is great, but if you are inexperienced you might not know what to look out for when buying so do your research and check out the reviews to help you make the best choice.